SportWatcher is a KDE program, who reads data out of a
Garmin GPS-device. SportWatcher shows the data graphically.
It can export the data into several formats. This allows other
software to import the data.
SportWatcher is able to
- read data over USB from a Garmin GPS device
- displays laps as a table
- show a track as a 2D graphic
- optional load a map or satellite image and show it underneath the track
- show elevation, speed and heart rate together in a graphic
- export heart rate data into a Polar compatible HRM file
- export everything about an activity into a Garmin compatible TCX file
- can export tracks as GPX and OSM files. This allows to add tracks
to a map like openstreetmap.
- import TCX-files
- units can be set to metric or U.S. statute
SportWatcher was developed under Linux and needs
KDE4. This gives the
program a modern dialog, makes it easy to deal with the program.
SportWatcher is open source! You can download the source
or from this machine.
Download is possible by
too. Use one of the following commands to get the source:
# svn checkout https://sportwatcher.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/sportwatcher
# svn checkout svn://www.theosys.at/public/sportwatcher/trunk
You can see the
also with your browser and
the files this way.
If you have questions or suggestions, you can subscribe to the mailing list. To
subscribe, send an empty email to:
If you prefer a german mailing list, send an empty email to:
To unsubscribe from the mailing list, send an empty email to:
or, to unsubscribe from the german list:
There is also an archive of the mailing list available. You
can reach the archive also from the sidebar on the left of theis page.
© 2006 − 2011 by Andreas Theofilu (theosys)